Home > Products >
Banner > Fiber Optic Sensors
The DF-G3 fiber amplifiers were developed to provide world-class long-range detection. It has
1.33X longer range than the DF-G2 at 1 ms response speed, and 2.5X longer range than the DF-G2 at
24 ms response speed. The increased sensing power enables longer detection for all applications
and detection of very small targets and features when used with very small core fiber assemblies. The
extra power provides increased detection reliability for dark targets, and increases detection
sensitivity when using array fiber assemblies for web guiding or area detection for part ejection
If you are looking for Banner Fiber Optic Sensors, please call us on (800) 894 - 0412 or email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will do our best to help you
find the Banner Optical Fibers that you are looking for at the most competitive prices possible. If you are searching for
Banner Fiber Optic Switches technical information (data-sheets) please use the datasheets or product selection guide page
DF-G2 Fiber Amplifier for Small Objecting Counting
The DF-G2 is an easy-to-use, DIN-rail-mountable fiber optic sensor with best in class
response speed and repeatability. It provides high-performance sensing in high speed or low contrast
applications where fast response time is required.
The sensor's compact housing has dual digital displays (Red/Green) and a bright output
LED for easy programming and status monitoring during operation. The sensor features a single discrete
output, either NPN or PNP, by model.
The DF-G2 features improved temperature compensation compared with previous fiber optic
sensors. An accessory clamp is available to secure a bank of connected sensors together on a DIN rail.
DF-G1 Expert Dual Display Fiber Amplifier
This unique solution is in response to a high demand from Tier 1 automotive suppliers of
interior and exterior assemblies that use Light Emitting Diodes (LED's) for security and convenience lighting.
Automated testing of correct light function prior to product delivery to the final assembly plant is essential to
insure high levels of quality. Other opportunities include remote status indicator monitoring and infrared light
A focus on a simple set-up and configuration, stable performance, and competitive pricing
guided the development of the DF-G1. An updated mechanical design, with an improved fiber clamp and a sleek
look-and-feel, makes the DF-G1 a compelling upgrade to the D10 product line. This dual display fiber amplifier
expands the range of applications and customers Banner can serve with plastic and glass fiber optic
DF-G1 Expert Series
D10 Series for Use with Plastic Fibers
Fiber connection is a cinch with the D10's unique sliding fiber lock. Simply slide the locking mechanism up to
open the emitter and receiver ports, insert the fibers, and then slide it back down to create a secure connection. All in just
- Features advanced fiber optic amplifier for use with plastic fibers
- Available in bipolar discrete, dual-discrete and analog/discrete models
- Features numeric or bargraph display on Expert models
- Available in models with push-button programming or manual gain adjustment
- Available with visible red/green sensing beam
- Provides light-operate or dark-operate operation
- Features thin 10 mm housing for use with standard 35 mm DIN-rail mounting
D12 Series for Glass or Plastic Fibers
The D12 Sensor Family offers models to solve nearly any fiber optic sensing requirement. D12s are self-contained
sensors for 10 to 30V dc operation. They are housed in a compact 12 mm-wide package, designed for DIN-rail mounting.
- Features LED bargraph to indicate signal strength, sensing contrast, programming status and diagnostic warnings, when
not in high-speed mode
- Available in glass and plastic fiber optic models
- Includes marginal gain indicator with alarm output
- Solves routine applications with economical standard models
- Features high-speed sensing response and higher sensing power in some models
- Excels in low-contrast applications with ac-coupled models
- Features easy push-button TEACH-mode setup on D12E Expert models
WORLD-BEAM QS18 Miniature Self-Contained Photoelectric Sensors in Universal Housing
- Easily fits (or retrofits) almost any mounting situation
- Exceptional optical performance, comparable to larger "MINI-style" or barrel sensors
- 10 to 30V dc operation, with complementary (SPDT) NPN or PNP outputs, depending on model
- Bright LED operating status indicators are visible from 360°
- Rugged sealed housing, protected circuitry
- Models available with or without 18 mm threaded "nose"
- Less than 1 millisecond output response for excellent sensing repeatability
- Choose 2 m (6.5') or 9 m (30') cable or 150 mm (6") Pico-style pigtail QD
R55F Series Color Mark
The R55F Fiber-Optic Sensor was developed to provide simplicity of operation and access to tight areas for
color mark (registration) sensing applications.
- Outstanding color contrast sensitivity; detects 16 levels of gray scale.
- Depending on beam color, reliably detects the toughest color mark contrasts, including 20% yellow against white.
- Fast, 50-microsecond response.
- Choose from infrared or one of four visible beam colors: red, blue, green and white.
- Glass fiber models function well in harsh environments typically associated with printing processes.
- Plastic fiber models function well in applications that require repeated flexing of the fibers.
- Bipolar (NPN/PNP) outputs with three Delay settings (0, 20 or 40 milliseconds).
- Mounts flat or to 35 mm DIN rail; two brackets included with sensor (one for angle mount, one for flat mount).
Plastic Fiber Optic Assemblies
- Provide an economical alternative to glass fiber optics for piping photoelectric sensing light to and from confined areas
with suitable environments
- Ideal for detecting small objects
- Plastic fibers are inexpensive and easily cut to length during installation.
- Plastic fibers bend easily to fit precisely where you want them.
- High-flex models withstand repeated flexing and bending.
- Special jackets withstand corrosion, impact and abrasion.
- Coiled versions are available for applications requiring articulated or reciprocating motion.
- Fibers are available in individual or bifurcated styles for opposed or diffuse sensing.
- Diameters include 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0 & 1.5mm.
- Available in individual or bifurcated styles
- Available with optional DURA-BEND fibers for improved flexibility in difficult-to-access locations, without the
decreased performance to which excessively bent standard plastic fibers optics are prone.
Glass Fiber Optics
- Thousands of readily available alternative fiber models:
- Substitute PVC over monocoil sheathing for stainless steel.
- Reduce or increase glass fiber optic bundle diameters.
- Substitute a rectangular-shaped fiber bundle (0.5 x 2.5 mm) for a circular bundle.
- Change endtip material from brass to stainless steel.
- Modify straight or angled probe tip dimensions.
- Modify overall fiber length in intervals of 305 mm.
- Solves numerous challenging sensing requirements
- Ideal for hostile environments such as high temperatures to 480° C, corrosive materials and extreme moisture
- Withstands high levels of shock and vibration
- Inherently immune to extreme electrical noise
- Available in individual or bifurcated styles for opposed or diffuse sensing
- Available with choice of sheathings: standard stainless-steel flexible conduit, PVC or other flexible tubing
- Can be quickly custom designed
Glass Optical Fibers
The FI22FP is an easy-to-use, low-profile fiber optic sensor. It provides high-performance sensing in
low-contrast applications and its small size lets it mount almost anywhere.
- 8-segment LED light bar indicates relative received signal strength, sensing contrast, programming status, and diagnostic
- Easy-to-set automatic Expert-style TEACH options including static, dynamic, and single-point programming plus manual
adjustment for fine-tuning
- Smart power-control algorithms to maximize sensing contrast
- Fast 500-microsecond sensing response
- Programmable 30-millisecond pulse stretcher (OFF delay)
- Extreme programming flexibility via two push buttons or a remote input wire
- Output may be programmed for either light or dark operate
- Bipolar discrete outputs: one current sourcing (PNP) and one current sinking (NPN)
- Visible red (660 nm) light source
- Easy-to-read TEACH and signal strength readout, plus indicators for a continuous readout of operating status
D11 & D11 Expert Series is DIN rail mountable plastic fiber optic sensors. Available with red, green or
blue LEDs to optimize performance in all color mark detection applications.
- Uses plastic fiber optics for economical sensing for color mark and other low-contrast applications
- Offers choice of models with manual sensitivity or push-button programming
- Available in models with red, green, blue or white LED source for color-differentiation applications
- Includes a marginal gain indicator with alarm output
- Provides LED indicators of sensor operating status
PC44 Series - Plug-in Controls
- Fiber optic sensor modules for printed circuit board mounting; also compatible with standard I/O mounting racks
- Use with Banner plastic fiber optic assemblies in the opposed and diffuse fiber optic sensing modes
- Choice of NPN (sinking) output or PNP (sourcing) output models, selectable light- or dark-operate; 100 mA max.
- Separate alarm output warns of marginal excess gain
- LED indications for POWER ON, OUTPUT OVERLOAD, ALIGNMENT, and LOW GAIN conditions
- 10 to 30V dc operation
Our industrial factory automation supplies distributors warehouse in Boise, Idaho stocks some Banner fiber optic
sensors enabling us to further assist you in finding the correct DF-G1 sensor for your application in the Pacific Northwest USA.
We can proudly say that we carry more D10 series sensor in stock than any other Banner Engineering distributors in the Pacific
Northwest region. Whether we have D12 series sensor in stock in Boise, Idaho or need to get them from Banner Engineering;
Clearwater Tech can get WORLD-BEAM QS18 standard series sensor to you fast and save money!
It will be very helpful if you have the R55F sensor part numbers ready, then our sales representatives can
provide you with a pricing and availability quote for Banner plastic fiber optics that you are looking for in seconds. If you do
not have the part numbers for Banner glass optical fibers, our application engineers will be able to help you figure out the part
numbers and get the price quote to you as soon as possible.
Can't find a part number?
Red Lion Routers
Ideal for Harsh Environments, our rugged industrial
routers provide easy wireless communication between SCADA servers, RTUs, PLCs, remote I/O and other
Ethernet and serial connected devices such as security cameras or industrial sensors. IndustrialPro
cellular routers support the latest 4G LTE networks with fallback to 3G networks from leading global
cellular carriers. This gives customers the flexibility to choose from a host
Coaxial Type FD in which high-precision positioning can
be achieved. It is a coaxial fiber that encloses the circumference of the emitter fiber at the center with
the receiver fiber. This is suitable for high-precision positioning. It can perform sensing without
affecting the approach direction of the work. Small spot type FD is used for sensing of minute objects by
combining the fiber and spot lens. The spot diameter can also be changed.