Home > Products
> FUJI Electric > FRENIC-Eco Series
Enhanced Energy Savings
Fuji Electric's FRENIC-Eco series is environmentally friendly by helping to significantly reduce energy use.
The drives feature a small footprint for tight installations, network compatibility, and long-term reliability for three-phase
applications, ranging from 1 HP up to 900 HP. These high performance AC drives / variable frequency drives (VFD) / v/ Hz vector
drives are optimized for HVAC applications, such as chillers, air handlers, and fan coils.
In addition to optimizing the control of the applied motor for Energy-Savings, FRENIC-Eco series drives
also optimizes power consumption of the drive for maximizing Energy-Savings for the complete system. With regulations
expected to call for a reduction of 1% or more in annual energy consumption, Fuji Electric is aiming to optimize energy
savings as a complete system approach and not focusing only on reducing energy consumed by the motor.
FRENIC-Eco is the inverter equipped with the industry's highest level of efficiency (low power loss).
If you are looking for FUJI Electric FRENIC-Eco Drives, please call us at (800) 894-0412 or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will do our best
to help you find the FUJI FRENIC-Eco Series VFDs that you are looking for at the most competitive prices possible. If you are
searching for FUJI Electric FRENIC-Eco Inverters technical information (data-sheets) please use the datasheets or product selection
guide page links.
Maintenance Is Simplified For Both The Drive And Equipment
- Motor cumulative operating time (hours)
- The cumulative operating time of the equipment the inverter is used with is calculated.
- Number of starts(times)
- The number of times the inverter is run and stopped can be counted.
Consideration Of The Surrounding Environment And Panel Design
- Side-by-side installation saves space
- If multiple inverter units are to be used in a panel and the panel is designed accordingly, it is possible
to mount these inverters side-by-side horizontally, so the panel can be designed to take up less space.
(5HP for 208V, 7.5HP for 460V or smaller capacity inverters)
- Built-in charging resistors (in rush current suppressing resistors) help reduce peripheral equipment sizing
- When the FRENIC-Eco series is used, the charging resistors (in rush current suppressing resistors) built into the
inverter as standard equipment suppress in rush current when motors are started, so compared to operation of motors
with direct input, peripheral equipment with reduced capacity can be selected.
- Cooling outside the panel is made possible by an external cooling attachment
- Use of the external cooling attachment (optional on 30HP for 208V, 40HP for 460V or smaller inverters and
standard on 40HP for 208V, 50HP for 460V or larger inverters) to cool the inverter outside the panel makes it
possible to install a simple cooling system outside the panel.
- RS-485 communications is standard. Selectable from Modbus-RTU, Metasys-N2,FLN P1.
- It is compatible with the following networks by inserting the option card.
Long Life Design That Meets Your Expectation
- Built with longer lasting replaceable components to give a longer service life
- The design life of replaceable components in each inverter model has been extended to 10 years. In addition, the
capacity of the main circuit capacitors is measured and temperature compensation carried out to match the cumulative
operating time of the electrolytic capacitors on the printed circuit board.
Equipped With The Optimum Functions For HVAC (Air Conditioning Systems)
- Operation is continued even after the momentary power failure thanks to the auto-restart function
- Even if a momentary power failure occurs, load inertia of a fan or blower, etc. is used to maintain the motor's
operation while the motor's operating speed gradually drops, and enables the motor to restart operation without
stopping. (The motor may stop on occasion due to the load's inertia.)
- Tripless operation through regenerated current avoidance control
- Deceleration time is controlled to match the internal energy level generated in the inverter, and so
deceleration and stopping is accomplished without tripping due to overload.
- A pick-up function provides smooth starts
- If you desire to run a fan which the inverter is not currently running and which is turning free. This
function will pick up on its motion regardless of the direction it is turning and take operation. Momentary
switching is performed in the inverter from the commercial power supply and provides a convenient function
when starting motors, etc.
- Even greater energy savings through the low water volume stop function
- When there is pump operation accompanying "pressure drop" that occurs due to pressure loss or leakage, etc.
in the piping, etc., or at times when the pump runs repeatedly to obtain a small volume of water, this function
controls the pump's operation, preventing it from being driven with the water volume below a predetermined
level, and thus reducing wasteful pump operation and saving even more energy.
- The equipment's operating condition is determined by the low torque detection function
- The inverter determines the load state of the connected motor and if it drops below a predetermined level,
it judges that a "Low Torque" state exists and outputs a signal to that effect. In this way, any trouble that
occurs in the equipment (such as a belt on a pulley breaking) can be detected by the inverter.
- Also avoids operation signal trouble through the command loss detection function
- If the frequency signals (0 to 10V, 4 to 20mA, multi-step speed operation signals, communications, etc.) that are
connected to the inverter are lost, signals are output as a "command loss," indicating that a frequency command was
lost. In addition, output frequency when the command loss occurred can be set in advance, so even if a frequency
signal line to equipment is broken due to machine vibration, etc., machine operation can be continued
- Simple circuit configuration using the commercial line switching sequence
- Inverters are equipped with the commercial line start function that enables switching between the commercial line
and the inverter by an external sequence. In addition, inverters are equipped with two types of built-in sequence for
operation with commercial line; i.e., Fuji's standard sequence and the automatic switching sequence to the commercial
line activated when the inverter alarm occurs.
- Inverters are equipped with full PID control functions
- Low water level stop function, deviation alarm and absolute value alarm outputs have been added to the PID
regulator which performs such tasks as temperature, pressure and flow rate control. In addition, an anti-reset windup
function that prevents PID control overshoot as well as a PID output limiter and integral hold/reset signal provide
easy-to-adjust PID control functions.
- Simple Sequences through Universal DI/DO
- Signals can be transmitted to a higher level controller or PC by connecting digital signals to an inverter from
different types of sensors, such as a float switch used to judge the level in a water storage tank, which serve as
peripheral devices to the inverter. In the case of small-scale equipment, even if a programmable logic controller
(PLC) is not used, information can be sent to a higher-level system easily.
- Improved capability for handling regenerated energy
- When the inverter slows down and stops the motor, if the braking energy regenerated by the motor exceeds the
braking capacity of the inverter's main circuit capacitor, the inverter will trip. At such a time, if even a little
excess energy trips the inverter, using this function you may be able to absorb the excess braking energy without
connecting to a braking resistor.
- Continuous equipment operation through overload avoidance control
- If the load on a fan or pulley increases due some foreign object overloading around the shaft, etc., and the
inverter's internal temperature rises suddenly or the ambient temperature rises to an abnormal level, etc., causing
an inverter overload state, the motor's speed is lowered, reducing the load and enabling operation to continue.
- Elimination of display devices by use of the analog input monitor
- Using the display coefficient of signals from devices such as flow rate or temperature sensors in air conditioning
equipment, these signals can be converted into physical values such as temperature and pressure and displayed on the
inverter's keypad without making the use of exclusive flow meters or air flow meters.
- Other convenient functions
- Motor condensation prevention function - Prevents condensation of the motor from occurring in cases where the
surrounding temperature changes suddenly while the motor is stopped
- Motor speed display with percent - The inverter's keypad displays the operating frequency (Hz) or the motor's
rotational speed (r/min), but it can also display the maximum speed as 100%, so it is easy to get a grasp of the
equipment's operating state.
- Dynamic Rotation of Pump Motors
- With a fixed inverter-driven motor - This configuration consists of a motor driven by the inverter (M0) and motors
driven by commercial power (M1 to M4). The inverter-driven motor is fixed at M0 and is controlled for variable speed.
When the inverter-driven motor M0 alone cannot sustain the desired discharge flowrate, the inverter starts one or more
motors driven by commercial power as necessary.
- With a floating inverter-driven motor - In this configuration, all the motors can be driven by the inverter or
commercial power. At the start of operation, each motor is driven by the inverter and is controlled for varying speed.
When the first motor alone cannot sustain the desired discharge flowrate, it is switched to commercial-power operation,
and the inverter drives the second motor.
- A multi-function keypad is available as standard
- Includes an easier to see LCD with backlight.
- It has a large 7-segment, 5-digit LED display.
- It is possible to add and delete quick setup items.
- A remote/local key has been added.
- Copying up to 3 sets of data is possible.
- A keypad that enables remote operation is standard equipment
- The standard keypad has a decorative cover on the bottom that can be slid sideways and removed. A LAN cable can
be used to connect the panel, making it possible to use it as a remote operation keypad.
- Personal computer loader software
- Compliance with standards
- Synk/source switchable
- Wide voltage range
- Multi-function keypad displaying multiple languages (Japanese, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian)
|Applicable Motor Rating [HP]
Whether we have FUJI Electric HVAC VFDs in stock in Boise, Idaho or need to ship direct from Fuji Electric Corp. of America
(FECOA) to any USA cities; Clearwater Tech can get FUJI Electric Inverters to you fast and save you some money! Our industrial
factory automation supplies distributors warehouse stocks some FUJI Electric Inverter products enabling us to further assist you
in finding the correct FUJI FRENIC-Eco Series Drives in the USA, Canada, or Mexico. It will be very helpful if you have the
FRENIC Inverter part numbers ready, then our sales representatives can provide you with a pricing and availability quote for FUJI
FRENIC-Eco Series HVAC Drives that you are looking for in seconds. If you do not have the part numbers for FUJI FRENIC-Eco Series
VFDs, our application engineers will be able to help you figure out the part numbers and get the price quote to you as soon as
Can't find a part number?
The Enclosure Design and layout should ensure that the
adequate ventilation paths and clearances are left to allow air to circulate through the drive heatsink.
ABB Drives recommend the minimum mounting clearance requirements for drives mounted in non-ventilated
metallic enclosures. ACS250 120 V AC product is an easy-to-use micro drive for applications in 0.5 to
1.5 hp power range. The built-in Modbus RTU serial communication provides
The Voltage Ratings of terminal blocks are
based upon the minimum spacing between electrically conductive parts line to line through air and over
surface and line to ground through air and over surface. Single Row Terminal Blocks are available in four
basic line to line molding sizes. Some are available in either open or feed thru/printed circuit designs.
The basic material is phenolic. Modifications are also