Home > Products
> FUJI Electric > FRENIC-Multi Series
Gentler On The Environment
- Complies with European regulations that limit the use of specific hazardous substances (RoHS)
- These inverters are gentle on the environment. Use of 6 hazardous substances is limited.(except for interior
soldering in the power module.)
- Long-life design
- The design life of each internal component with limited life has been extended to 10 years. This helps to
extend the maintenance cycle for your equipment.
- Noise is rreduced by the built-in EMC filter
- Use of a built-in EMC filter that reduces noise generated by the inverter makes it possible to reduce the effect
on peripheral equipment.
If you are looking for FUJI Electric FRENIC-Multi Drives, please call us at (800) 894-0412 or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will do our best
to help you find the FUJI FRENIC-Multi Series VFDs that you are looking for at the most competitive prices possible. If you are
searching for FUJI Electric FRENIC-Multi Inverters technical information (data-sheets) please use the datasheets or product
selection guide page links.
Expanded Capacity Range And Abundant Model Variation
- Semi-Standard type
- Option card
- PG interface card (5V type)(12V type)
- RS-485 communication card
- Synchronized operation card
- DeviceNet card
- Profibus-DP card
- DIO card
- CC-Link card
The Highest Standards Of Control And Performance In Its Class
- Shortened setting time in slip compensation control
- Through "slip compensation control" + "voltage tuning," speed control accuracy at low speeds is improved.
This minimizes variations in speed control accuracy at times when the load varies, and since the time at creep
speeds is shortened, single cycle tact times can be shortened.
- Compatible with PG feedback control
- Improved speed control accuracy improves conveyor positioning accuracy.
- Positioning time can be shortened.
- Improves measuring accuracy on a scale.
- Equipped with the highest level CPU for its class
- The highest level CPU of any inverter is used. Computation and processing capacity is doubled over the
previous inverter, improving speed control accuracy.
- Tripless deceleration by automatic deceleration control
- The inverter controls the energy level generated and the deceleration time, and so deceleration stop can
be accomplished without tripping due to overvoltage.
Optimum For The Operations Specific To Vertical And Horizontal Conveyance
- Hit-and-stop control is realized more easily
- Impacts are detected mechanically and not only can the inverter's operation pattern be set on coast-to-stop or
deceleration stop, but switching from torque limitation to current limitation and generating a holding torque
(hit-andstop control) can be selected, making it easy to adjust brake application and release timing.
- Inclusion of a brake signal makes it even more convenient
- At brake release time - After the motor operates, torque generation is detected and signals are output.
- At brake application time - Brake application that matches the timing can be done, and so mechanical brake wear
- Limit operations can be selected to match your equipment
- Inverters are equipped with two limit operations, "torque limitation" and "current limitation," so either can be
selected to match the equipment you are using the inverter with.
- Torque limitation - In order to protect mechanical systems, this function accurately limits the torque generated
by the motor. (Instantaneous torque cannot be limited.)
- Current limitation - This function limits the current flowing to the motor to protect the motor thermally or to
provide rough load limitation. (Instantaneous current cannot be limited. Auto tuning is not required.)
Simple And Thorough Maintenance
- The life information on each of the inverter's limited life components is displayed
- Simple cooling fan replacement
- Construction is simple, enabling quick removal of the top cover and making it easy to replace the cooling fan.
(7.5HP or higher models)
- Information that contributes to equipment maintenance is displayed
- In addition to inverter maintenance information, data that also take equipment maintenance into consideration
- The alarm history records the latest four incidents
- Detailed information can be checked for the four most recent alarms.
Simple Operation, Simple Connection
- A removable keypad is standard equipment
- The keypad can be easily removed and reset, making remote operation possible. If the back cover packed with
the inverter is installed and a LAN cable is used, the keypad can be easily mounted on the equipment's control
- A multi-function keypad which enables a wide variety of operations is available
- A multi-function keypad is available as an option. This keypad features a large 7-segment LED with five digits
and large back-lighted liquid crystal panel. Its view-ability is high, and guidance is displayed on the liquid
crystal panel, therefore operations can be conducted simply. (A copy function is included.)
- A removable interface card is adapted
- Wiring is quite easy because the interface card can be attached and detached as a terminal base for control
- Inverter support loader software is available
- Windows compatible loader software is available to simplify the setting and management of function codes.
- Simulated failure enables peripheral device operation checks
- The inverter has the function for outputting dummy alarm signals, enabling simple checking of sequence
operations of peripheral devices from the control panel where the inverter is used.
Consideration Of Peripheral Equipment, And A Full Range Of Protective Functions
- Side-by-side mounting saves space
- If your control panel is designed to use multiple inverters, these inverters make it possible to save space
through their horizontal side-by-side installation. (5HP or smaller models)
- Resistors for suppressing inrush current are built in, making it possible to reduce the capacity of peripheral
- When FRENIC-Multi Series is used, the built-in resistor suppresses the inrush current generated when the motor starts.
Therefore, it is possible to select peripheral equipment with lower capacity when designing your system than the equipment
needed for direct connection to the motor.
- Outside panel cooling is also made possible using the mounting adapter for external cooling (option)
- The mounting adapter for external cooling (option) can be installed easily as an outside panel cooling
You Can Use An Inverter Equipped With Functions Like These
- New system for more energy-efficient operation
- Previous energy saving operation functions worked only to control the motor's loss to keep it at a minimum in
accordance with the load condition. In the newly developed FRENIC-Multi Series, the focus has been switched away
from the motor alone to both the motor and the inverter as electrical products. As a result, we incorporated a new
control system (optimum and minimum power control) that minimizes the power consumed by the inverter itself
(inverter loss) and the loss of the motor.
- Operating signal trouble is avoided by the command loss detection function
- If frequency signals connected to the inverter (0 to 10V, 4 to 20mA, Multi-speed signals, communications, etc.)
are interrupted, the missing frequency commands are detected as a "command loss." Further, the frequency that is
output when command loss occurs can be set in advance, so operation can be continued even in cases where the
frequency signal lines are cut due to mechanical vibrations of the equipment, etc.
- Smooth starts through the pick-up function
- In the case where a fan is not being run by the inverter but is turning free, the fan's speed is checked,
regardless of its rotational direction, and operation of the fan is picked up to start the fan smoothly. This
function is convenient in such cases as when switching instantaneously from commercial power supply to the
- An overload stop function protects equipment from over-operation
- If the load on equipment suddenly becomes great while controlled by the inverter, the inverter can be switched
to deceleration stop or to coast-to-stop operation to prevent damage to the equipment.
- Equipped with a full range of PID control functions
- Differential alarm and absolute value alarm outputs have been added for PID adjusters which carry out process
controls such as temperature, pressure and flow volume control. In addition, an anti-reset windup function to prevent
PID control overshoot and other PID control functions which can be adjusted easily through PID output limiter,
integral hold/reset signals are provided. The PID output limiter and integral hold/reset signals can also be used in
cases where the inverter is used for dancer control.
- Continuous equipment operation with overload avoidance control
- If foreign matter gets wrapped around a fan or pulley and the load increases, resulting in a sudden temperature
rise in the inverter or an abnormal rise in the ambient temperature, etc. and the inverter becomes overloaded, it
reduces the motor's speed, reducing the load and continuing operation.
Fully Compatible With Network Operation
- RS-485 communications (connector) is standard
- A connector (RJ-45) that is compatible with RS-485 communications is standard equipment (1 port, also used for
keypad communications), so the inverter can be connected easily using a LAN cable (10BASE).
- Wiring is easy with the RS-485 communications card (optional)
- The RS-485 communications card is also available as an option. When it is installed, you can add a branch
connection that is separate from the communications port provided as standard equipment (RJ-45 connector), and have
two communications ports.
- Complies with optional networks using option cards
- Installation of special interface cards (option) makes it possible to connect to the following networks.
- Complies with standards
- Sink/Source switchable
- Wide voltage range
- The multi-function keypad displays multiple languages (Japanese, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese,
|Applicable Motor Rating [HP]
EMC Filter Built-In Type
|Applicable Motor Rating [HP]
Whether we have FUJI Electric VFDs in stock in Boise, Idaho or need to ship direct from Fuji Electric Corp. of America (FECOA) to
any USA cities (New York Los Angeles Chicago Houston Philadelphia Phoenix San Diego Dallas San Antonio Detroit San Jose
Indianapolis San Francisco Columbus Austin Baltimore Milwaukee Boston Washington El Paso Seattle Denver Charlotte Fort Worth
Portland Oklahoma City Tucson New Orleans Las Vegas Cleveland Long Beach Albuquerque Kansas City Fresno Virginia Beach Atlanta
Sacramento Oakland Mesa Tulsa Omaha Minneapolis Honolulu Colorado Springs St. Louis Wichita Santa Ana Pittsburgh Arlington
Cincinnati Anaheim Toledo Buffalo St. Paul Corpus Christi Aurora Raleigh Newark Lexington Fayette Anchorage Louisville Riverside
Bakersfield Stockton Birmingham Jersey City Norfolk Baton Rouge Hialeah Lincoln Greensboro Plano Rochester Glendale Akron Garland
Madison Fort Wayne Fremont Scottsdale Montgomery Shreveport Lubbock Chesapeake Mobile Des Moines Grand Rapids Richmond Yonkers
Spokane Augusta Glendale Tacoma Irving Huntington Beach Arlington Modesto Durham Boise Winston Salem); Clearwater Tech can get FUJI
Electric Inverters to you fast and save you some money!
Our FUJI distributors warehouse stocks some FUJI Electric Inverter products enabling us to further assist you in
finding the correct FUJI FRENIC-Multi Series Drives in the USA, Canada, or Mexico. It will be very helpful if you have the
FRENIC Inverter part numbers ready, then our sales representatives can provide you with a pricing and availability quote
for FUJI FRENIC-Multi Series Compact Drives that you are looking for in seconds. If you do not have the part numbers for
FUJI FRENIC-Multi Series VFDs, our application engineers will be able to help you figure out the part numbers and get the price quote to you as
soon as possible. For a list of user manuals or operating instructions available, please use user manuals page link.
Can't find a part number?
Remote IP66-Rated Keypad are also available for both the Vacon
X4 and X5 drives. The ability to accept option boards enhances the Vacon X5's application flexibility.
Current options afford Vacon X5 Profibus with the opportunity to communicate on powerful serial
communication networks like DeviceNet, Ethernet IP, Profibus and Modbus TCP/IP. An additional option
affords the opportunity to interface a shaft mounted optical encoder to the Vacon X5
Panasonic Safety Controller
SUNX SF-C21 can do the work of four safety relay units.
Simple to wire the units in the control panel! Compact with a height 97 mm 3.819 in × width 45 mm 1.772
in. It is easy to find installation space for the SF-C21 unit. Four auxiliary outputs (PNP semiconductor
output) are provided. Using RS-485 communications (MODBUS RTU), various general-purpose control units
(PLC, HMI, etc.) can monitor the SF-C21 information such as the status, the selected logic,