WHAT ARE TEMPERATURE CONVERTERS?
Since temperature measurement is common in hazardous areas, TURCK’s IM34 temperature converting device may be used to convert a 2, 3 or 4-wire RTD, mV signal or T/C signal in a hazardous area to an analog 4-20 mA signal in a non-hazardous area.
WHY CHOOSE IM34 TEMPERATURE CONVERTERS?
• Several different inputs may be configured and used with common 4-20 mA analog input control cards.
• Consolidate inventory by eliminating separate RTD, T/C and mV input cards.
• Use of off-the-shelf "Simple Apparatus" components in explosive atmospheres to further reduce installation costs.
• Provides advanced diagnostics, versatility and convenience in an easy-to-use device.
• Push button, rotary switch or software (FDT/DTM, free shareware) configurable units are simple to use.
WHERE CAN I USE IM34 TEMPERATURE CONVERTERS?
• Hazardous areas
• Oil and gas processing
Temperature Converters Selection Guide
|Part Number||Configuration||Input RTD/TC/OHM/mV||Output Relay||Output 0/4-20mA||Display|
|IM34-14EX-CDRI||Pushbuttons or PACTware||1 (and potentiometer)||3||1||Yes|
The IM34-14EX CDRI and similar IM modules can be programmed using PAC Tware and their relevant DTM. Programming is quick and simple and allows for greater parameters to be set. Configurations can be saved on a PC and downloaded to other units at a later date. In this example, the IM34 is connected to a 4-wire RTD using the RK 4.4T-* cordset. The IM34 has three relay set point outputs and one 0/4‐20mA outputs.
The ability to trend data using PAC Tware aids in monitoring processes, start‐up, commissioning and troubleshooting. Call a TURCK representative for a full demonstration.