What are the differences between the Mini and the C11S?
• The Mini has a new design, and its color in particular has been changed.
• A three-phase 460V series (1/2 to 5HP) has been added to the Mini lineup.
• The maximum output frequency of the Mini can be set to 400Hz.
• The Mini has a built-in braking transistor circuit (1/2HP or higher models) and a braking resistor can be installed.
• The Mini has built-in maintenance functions (display of cumulative running time, main circuit capacitor capacity, and cooling fan running time), and the lifetime of parts in the inverter which have a limited service life can be displayed as a criterion for judging the parts' condition.
• If the RS-485 communication options are used, the Mini can be operated remotely by the optional remote keypad.
• It is possible to mount multiple Mini units side-by-side, enabling reductions in the installation space inside the switchboards when multiple units are used. (Ambient temperature of 40°C(104°F) or lower required.)
• The Mini includes some series with semi-standard specifications, such as the EMC filter built-in type and the braking resistor built-in type.
Can the options for the C11S/E11S be used with the Mini?
It is possible to use a DC reactor (DCR), braking resistor (DB) and DIN rail base. The remote keypad, remote operation extension cable, RS-485 communications card, NEMA1 option kit, inverter support loader software and mounting adapter are exclusive options for the FRENIC-Mini.
What is simplified torque-vector control?
This is Fuji's unique control system, which adds simplified magnetic flux estimator to V/f control, enabling the appropriate voltage to be applied to the motor without reference to the load state and generating high torque even in the low speed range. The generated torque can be calculated in vectors from the magnetic flux estimated values and motor current, so the motor efficiency can be maintained at the optimum level.
What is automatic torque boost?
When a general-purpose motor is driven by an inverter in the low voltage and low frequency range, the influence of the voltage drop is great and the torque generated by the motor is extremely low compared with where the motor is driven by the commercial power supply. To prevent this, the automatic torque boost function automatically raises the voltage in the low frequency range and restrains the torque from dropping due to voltage drop, thus assuring the proper motor output torque.
What is the current limiting function?
This function prevents an inverter from tripping (stalling) and enables operation to continue by setting the current limiting level inside the inverter in advance when an overcurrent occurs due to an impact load, etc.
What is the slip compensation function?
This is a control function that outputs a frequency with the slip compensation volume to adjust the inverter set frequency. This function is used for running a motor in consideration of motor slipping.
Is auto-tuning function available?
The FRENIC-Mini does not have auto-tuning function, but it can control the motor at its optimum performance level through the simplified torque-vector control.
Can the FRENIC-Mini be applied to single-phase power supplies?
The lineup includes a single-phase 230V power supply series (1/8 to 3HP) and a 115V series (1/8 to 1HP). The applicable motor is a three-phase motor.
Can the FRENIC-Mini be connected directly to a DC common bus?
It can be connected from the P (+) and N (-) terminals. However, a current unbalance may occur, so be sure to recommend the use of an AC reactor (ACR). Furthermore, it is necessary to connect an input power supply to all connected inverters.
A non-linear V/f pattern is necessary. Can the FRENIC-Mini handle that?
In addition to 1 point at the base frequency and the base frequency voltage, a new non-linear V/f point has been added, so a total of 2 non-linear V/f pattern points can be set.
Is a time relay necessary to carry out timer operation?
Just like with a microwave oven, single cycle operation can be done simply by setting the time on the inverter's body. A time relay is not necessary. The time can be set at 0 to 9,999 seconds.
Can automatic energy-saving operation be done?
The Mini incorporates an automatic energy-saving function to suppress the motor loss to the minimum level, so you can expect an even greater energy-saving effect.
Is PID control supported?
PID control is built into the FRENIC-Mini as a standard function.
Is it possible to handle digital source input with the Mini?
This can be handled by switching the digital input terminals' input/output mode (sink/source) using the jumper switch inside the inverter.
Are the braking transistor and braking resistor built in?
• The braking transistor circuit is built into all models with a 0.4kW or larger models, and a braking resistor can be installed as an option to increase the regenerative braking capacity.
• The braking resistor is not built in under standard specifications. However, under semi-standard specifications, a series of inverters includes internal braking resistors in 2HP or larger models.
Is the Mini equipped with auxiliary input for control power supply as an option?
No, it is not.
What is the minimum function setting needed to perform simple variable speed operation?
Basically, operation can be done from the keypad using the factory settings, but for torque boost (F09), change the setting to match the load. The factory setting is for constant torque load V/f pattern.
In the data protection setting state (F00:1), is it possible to switch between keypad operation and external control signal operation from the keypad?
Since data protection has priority, settings cannot be changed from the keypad. If settings are to be changed, change the F00 setting to 0.
Can wiring of the control circuit and main circuit terminals be done easily?
The control circuit terminal block cover and the main circuit terminal block cover can be removed with one touch, so wiring can be performed easily.
What is the guide for wiring length between the inverter, motor and operation panel?
• Use the distance of 50m as your guide for wire length between the inverter and the motor. If it is used with a longer wire, lower the carrier frequency or use an output circuit filter (OFL).
• If remote operation is performed, ensure that the control circuit wiring length between the inverter and the operation panel is within 20m, and recommend using twisted shielded cable.
What is the minimum unit of cooling fan cumulative running time?
Even in operation of less than 1 hour, operating time is calculated in seconds. Accordingly, if the cooling fan is operated for 0.5 hour, stopped temporarily, then restarted and run for another 0.5 hour again, 1 hour will be displayed. Times less than 1 hour in length cannot be displayed.
Is the external braking resistor the same as that for the E11S?
The braking resistor for the E11S can be used as it is.
Is the DC reactor the same as that for the C11S/E11S?
The DC reactor for the C11S/E11S can be used as it is.
Can we use a power regeneration converter (RHC)?
A power regeneration converter is applied at 5.5kW or higher capacities, so it cannot be applied to the Mini.
Is it possible to link the FRENIC-Mini with a personal computer? If so, which software is used?
• An interface (RS485 communication) for linking to a personal computer is available as an option, so run and stop commands, frequency setting, status monitor and function settings, etc. can be performed from a personal computer. In this case, however, RS485/232C converter must be used.
• An exclusive personal computer loader software is also available. (Type: WPS-C1-PCL)
What happens when the output circuit filter is used outside the allowable carrier frequency range?
The output circuit filter heats up. If it is run like that, the output circuit filter will burn up, so absolutely do not use it outside the permissible carrier frequency range.
Can the Mini be applied to previously installed motors (including other manufacturer's)?
• Motor parameters which need to be set in advance are the capacity (kW) and rated current (A).
• However, as a rule, the motor' capacity should be the same as that of the inverter, or 1 frame below, 2 frames below or 1 frame above that of the inverter.
• If a motor with a capacity 2 frames above or 3 frames below the inverter's capacity, etc. is used, the specified performance may not be achieved.
What is the permissible range for continuous operation when the Mini is used in combination with Fuji standard motors?
In combinations of Fuji standard three-phase motors and the Mini, the torque characteristics become 1:10.