Is it possible to operate two motors parallel with a 9300 servo and which motor parameters are to be entered?
The operation of two asynchronous motors at one servo controller is possible, if the corresponding selection and the following advices are considered:
• Only identical motors can be used
• They must be coupled shrunk to each other.
• Both motors connected parallel are detected by the drive controller as a summated motor.
• Only one feedback system is to be connected to the drive controller.
• The parallel operation of synchronous motors is not possible.
• Only one KTY temperature sensor is to be connected to the drive controller.
• For the second motor a second thermal monitoring is eventually to be installed (PTY, thermal contact).
Residual current protective devices (RCD): What do you have to observe when using RCDs in connection with drive controllers?
A residual-current device (RCD), similar to a Residual Current Circuit Breaker (RCCB), is an electrical wiring device that disconnects a circuit whenever it detects that the electric current is not balanced between the energized conductor and the return neutral conductor.
During controller operation, there always occur leakage currents of different frequencies. In connection with residual current protective devices (RCDs), these leakage currents are detected as residual currents and may lead to a tripping of the RCD.